I am about one month away from graduation and excited to know where I will be heading next! I was selected to be a resident at the Integrative Family Wellness Center in Brookfield, Wisconsin. I am beyond excited to have the opportunity to continue my learning process as a resident for one year. And who knows-- it may turn into something more!
For now until August 4th I will be recalling all of the useful clinical skills I have learned and getting ready for my board exams. SO, if you have any study tips-- send them my way! Here's how I am keeping energized and healthy for boards:
- Eating small, frequent, high protein meals. High protein sustains the feeling of satiety longer and the amino acids will be used to build brain neurotransmitters.
- Taking a multi, fish oil, b-complex, vitamin D, and adrenal support. The adrenals help with the response to stress and heavily utilize the B vitamins as well as Vitamin C.
- Exercising daily-- Jillian Michaels is kicking my butt right now.
- Frequenting coffee shops-- I don't know if I consider this a "healthy" study habit, but it keeps the scenery interesting.
- Listening to theta brainwave music. Theta brainwaves are known to help memory, learning and mental clarity.
- Making time to relax and read something mindless.
- Studying with friends. Helps my motivation and I always seem to learn something from them.
Here is a link to learn more about my program.